Monday, May 23, 2011

Some cause happiness wherever they go. Others... whenever they go.

So, you know when you just have one of those days? Where no matter how hard you try you can't shake this annoying negative attitude away? Where you feel like you actually woke up refreshed, your hair went great, you were on time for work, but for some reason once you got there everything just seemed to go downhill? It's one of those days when everything from the way your coworker "stomps" past your desk, to way the cleaning lady ALWAYS insists on moving around every little piece of office supply on your desk, to the fact that the Accounting lady was way too annoyingly nice on the phone, down to the REAL kicker... the thing that just makes you go over the edge  and snap at that sweet girl who just needed to makes copies! The thing that just makes you like the characters in the movies that say, "it couldn't possibly get any worse" And then it starts raining! Ya, that kind of REAL kicker....... your boyfriend forgot you were going out and he is wearing... that!
Well, to a woman this all comes down to The Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very Bad Day!!!

Well, I am one that can say I have had many of these days. Today, in fact, was one of them. I was very bugged by pretty much everything that happened! Nothing terrible happened, nothing even went wrong, really. Sure, I was expected to do 10 different things all at once all with a priority level of High at work, but that's normal, nothing to freak out about. Yes, I got zones late making me stay an extra half hour at work when I REALLY wanted to go to the Gateway to buy some new board shorts for my Lake Powell Trip, and yes, my Boyfriend was being WAY too sweet, offering to drive home so I could rest, cooking me dinner once we got there, and telling me he wanted to watch the movie The Bounty Hunter instead of picking Resident Evil.
So, you can see why I was so annoyed.... No? Ya me neither. But, I was. So, on days like this us ladies feel like doing one thing and one thing only.... Crying. (again, don't deny it) So, as my frustrations put me over the edge when I was showering and realized I had no more body wash I leaned against the wall and cried! Well, I tried to cry.... nothing. As I leaned against the wall thinking of my Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very Bad Day all I could think of was the funny joke a coworker told me today. The way my boyfriend had danced with me to the Macarena a couple nights before. The fact that my back yard looks amazing with grass and flowers that I was able to plant with Taylor while enjoying the sunshine. The many chances I had to talk and laugh for hours with my girlfriends at my house, and lunch, and at dinner this past week. And all the good times I had with mine and Taylor's family.

**Sappy Alert** (Meghann, feel free to scroll to the next paragraph)
I realized tonight in the shower, as I started to chuckle to myself, that I really have nothing to cry about. That I am truly blessed and incredibly grateful for the life I have at this current moment. My life is not perfect, but it is incredibly close. I have an incredible family that not only support me and my life, but has a love and an interest in it.I have INCREDIBLE friends! Seriously! They rock! I KNOW I wouldn't have gotten through this past year without them! I have not a house, but a home. I have a great job that I enjoy and am good at! I have a man in my life that when I act like the Princess I am, he treats me like a Queen. Taylor has become my rock. He ensures I am happy and taken care of everyday! He has been there for me through a lot of ups and downs. He has such a strong spirit in him and helps me grow each day. I am grateful for my life and the happiness in it. I have the love of my Heavenly Father and I have an amazing man that helps me Keep the Faith everyday.



This is me and Taylor. 
My boyfriend whom I am so grateful for. 
We have created an amazing relationship and journey throughout this year.
His spirit, courage, determination, and Faith amaze me and encourage me everyday. 
He makes me smile whenever I see him.
He makes me get chills whenever he holds me.
He makes me feel like Royalty! 
Most important - he makes me Happy! 


Taylor has helped me realize a lot of things in life. I am far from over it, but he has helped me become a positive person rather than always negative. I think this quote pretty much sums up the way we should live. Always knowing that whatever comes our way we can get through it. 

"Sadness, disappointment, and severe challenges are events in life, not life itself" 
-Elder Richard G Scott


So, the next time I find myself having a Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very Bad Day I hope I can remember that I make my own happiness, I decide how my days will go and I will try to remember all that I have and the happiness I find each day. Hopefully you can do the same! And if not... There are ALWAYS Oreos...

No comments:

Post a Comment